Playing with the new Cake Soiree stamp set and framelits was so much fun.
I used the new glitter embossing paste and it’s luvly. I kind of wanted to eat it. But I didn’t.
There were so many ideas running through my head. But unfortunately time is always a factor isn’t it?!
First, I focused on cake decorating. I wanted to see how the masks worked with the cakes. Both cards turned out luvly.
Next I had to create a mermaid card using the vines from the Cake Soiree masks. The idea was rolling around in my head and I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
I used Tempting Turquoise reinker and Daffodil Delight reinker to dye the embossing paste. When I added the embossing paste to the card through the mask I started with the tempting turquoise at the top and the daffodil delight at the bottom and had them meet in the middle. They made a beautiful green color in the middle that was perfect.
The rose on the Cake Soiree mask is beautiful. It makes a stunning finished product. I continued on with the same colors I used on the mermaid card.
Last I decided to use the cake with the flowers on it. I used copic markers to do all the coloring on the cakes. I had a great time coloring and assembling the cards.
For the first one I went with really saturated, strong, bright colors. The second card is colored with more unsaturated colors and the card stock I used to compliment the coloring is Wisteria Wonder.
Both of these cards are more of a wedding card feel. Which is kind of a bummer because frankly I am past the age of people around me getting married. HAHA! Most people I know at this point are married with kids, or shoot on their second marriage. But I will tuck them away in case a wedding comes up. I do love weddings.
I hope you enjoy the video. I don’t complete a project but I wanted to share all the tips and tricks I have for using this embossing paste and show off some of the cards and the products I used to make them.
- Make a minimun purchase of $50 & receive the brand new Occasions Catalog, Sweet Soiree paper sampler, silver gable box and berry burst silver trim ribbon
- If you order is $150 or more please DO NOT use the host code, you will still receive the free goodies.
- The free goodies will be mailed from me after December 26th
- If you place more than one qualifying order in the month you will not receive a second free item. But please make sure to use the Luvin Stampin Rewards Punch Card to get punches for your order.
- Subscriptions to Paper Pumpkin do not count towards your free gift order.
- This offer is only through me, Wendy Cranford, not through Stampin’ UP!
- This offer is only available to online orders, not in person orders.
These products are available AFTER JANUARY 3RD! Unless you purchase the starter kit, you can get these items in your starter kit if you’d like to. CLICK HERE to learn more about the starter kit.