Welcome to a page that is all about me. The only place in the world that it is completely ok to write about myself in great detail and it’s not weird. You expect it, in fact. Am I right?
Here it goes.
Let’s start with who I am. My name is Wendy. I love Jesus but I cuss a little (I’m working on it). I am madly, crazy, insanely in love with my husband, we got married in 2006. He is super tall, and a complete man’s man. I really think he was born in the wrong era, but I probably was too. We managed to have one gorgeous, funny, brilliant, driven, sassy little girl. She is the light of our life. Being a country girl is all I’ve ever known and it suits me to a T and I can’t imagine living anywhere else. We have 9 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat and I would have a complete ZOO if my hubs would allow it. (I try to add an animal on a monthly basis)
There is my basic outline. Let’s get down and dirty.
I started out in work life as a call center operator for EDS (Electronic Data Systems). My Mom worked there and it just seemed like a good place to work. I moved up over the 9 years I worked there and ended my short career with EDS as a business analyst after having my little girl.
The problem with this job, I hated it. WITH A PASSION. I even cried when I drove to work sometimes.
I knew, and know now that God had so much more for my life. If you are called to be a business analyst, more power to ya. But that gig was NOT my calling.
Gray cubical walls, punching a clock, working tons of hours fixing peoples computer problems. UGH. I could not have picked a worse profession for ME.
I chose a different path, paid off my car so we could scrape by on one salary, said goodbye to the gray cubicles and never looked back.
HAHA! Wasn’t I cute… thinking I would LOVE just sitting around the house with a non verbal human (at the time, she sense has become abundantly verbal)
Stampin’ UP! came into my life by no mistake. I believe 100% God intended this situation to happen. My friend Katina helped me out in getting going with Stampin’ UP! and kept me active.
Well fast forward several years later.
I have earned every Stampin’ UP! incentive trip since my 2nd year with SU. I have achieved Founders Circle (Top 100 in US) 3 years in a row and last year I achieved #37 in the entire world for Stampin’ UP! SEE FULL RESUME HERE
Basically that means, I sell well, I have new friends joining my community and they do well too… because we all love the same things CRAFTING AND STAMPING! I am not trying to brag, just giving you the full picture of what I do.
Here are my people, in Hawaii, enjoying the vacation I was able to earn for us. Do you know how happy that made me? I will never forget this moment. I sat in the sand with my toes buried and a book watching them play in the ocean, knowing, I provided this. I worked hard and I took them somewhere fun, and beautiful and my daughter will NEVER forget her first trip to Hawaii and swimming with dolphins.
This is WHY I do what I do and WHY I love Stampin’ UP! so much. I am a normal average gal, who learned to put ink to paper and a few business tips and worked hard, and didn’t give up.
My goal every year is to earn the trip Stampin’ UP! offers so I can take my family away to somewhere fabulous and it won’t cost us anything except spending money.
That’s all folks!
That’s me in a nutshell. I hope you visit me a lot and if you love what I do and you want to be involved in my community I would love to have you there. Email me anytime at email@example.com
Did I mention I love my dogs…. they are my other babies.
- I love God. Sometimes I lay awake at night and try to comprehend Him. His power, His mercy, His sacrifice. Basically the whole thing. I can’t get my head around it.
- I have a beautiful daughter and a hunky husband. Something else I can’t wrap my head around. How did I get so blessed?
- Country life. I love it. I spend a lot of time outdoors and I can bait a hook, and clean a fish. And it doesn’t gross me out. You can see the stars at night.
- There are few people I consider friends. I have lots of buddies, but friends, those are in short supply. You know the one you would call if you needed someone to help you cover up the evidence.
- I know this will come as a shock but I love to paper craft. I’ve been paper crafting in one form or another since I was a teenager.
- After I had my daughter I could no longer watch Law & Order SVU. And I pee when I sneeze. Thanks Macie.
- I love dogs. More than any other animal. They get me and I get them. I like the way their feet smell. Yes I am weird.
- Once every few months I eat fast food. I refuse to feel guilty for this, even though our culture attempts to make me feel like I am going to die from a heart attack tomorrow because of it.
- My family is extensive and mostly made up of women. They are crazy and beautiful and annoying and merciful and frustrating and benevolent. I am unusually close to my Grandparents. My mother is the most forgiving person I know.
- I hate it when someone shows up late for dinner. If I take the time to fix you dinner please show up when it is still hot. SO RUDE.
- Germs freak me out. Seriously. I have issues. The only people I will share a drink with is my husband and daughter and even then I have to say a prayer in my head to get past it.
- The weirdest thing about my germ issue is, it’s only people germs. I like being in the dirt, grass and outdoors and my dog sleeps with me. It’s just people germs.
- The house I live in was built by my husbands Grandpa. I never want to move from it. But I do dream of building on to it. (maybe a bigger craft room, hee hee) I am so grateful for our home and the roots we’ve put down.
- I got to this point and couldn’t think of anything else to tell you. I turned to my husband and said “What is your favorite thing about me?” He said. “Your strength and your orneriness” This made me laugh. He likes that I am ornery. Boys are weird.
- When I am in the right mood I will sing the Fresh Prince of BelAir theme song. I love Will Smith.
- My weight is something I struggle with constantly and it’s exhausting. I love food. My family loves food. We use food as a means to show love. They are from the south. You see the problem here.
- When I had only been married 8 months I broke my back. I fell off a horse and landed just wrong and crack. My husband took care of me and had to do things for me that I never wanted him to have to do for me. I knew after that we would be together forever.
- I am living my fairytale.
- When I was a child I wanted to be a lawyer, a policeman, and a veternarian. Yeah, I’ve never lacked ambition.
- My dream is to live a long happy life with my husband. Sit in the backyard and watch my grandkids play and yell at the dogs. To go to church every Sunday and be one of the old church ladies that makes great brownies. It would be nice to make enough money to live comfortably while I am at it.