I rarely have New Years resolutions, in fact I gave them up years ago.
Mainly because everyone has a New Years resolution that sounds fabulous until you have to start actually doing it. By February 1st your New Years resolution is a thing of the past and you are back to your old ways.
It may be semantics but I set goals at the beginning of each year. I work well with goals. I write them down and then when I accomplish them I actually check them off.
Such a sense of accomplishment. You should try it.
Here are my goals for the New Year.
- Continue my weight loss journey and healthy eating habits for a permanent lifestyle change. I began this journey in May 2016 and plan to continue it. I exercise 5 days a week (mostly), and I eat healthy pretty much 100% of the time right now. I am down 13lbs and feel great, would like to lose another 20lbs.
- I have thought over and over how much I would like to keep a journal for Macie, my daughter. She’s my only child. I keep thinking I should write a letter to her every day or evening that tells her about me and her and our lives from my perspective. I will begin doing that this year. In fact, I started it yesterday. I used the Paper Pumpkin kit that I received in December. The video below shows you how I set it up and I talk about how I plan to put it in motion.
- I want to take at least one class in Digital Illustration or Digital Design. I want to see if this is something I would enjoy and want to pursue to add to my skill set of creating.
- I want to create every day. In this “job” I notice that I spend a lot of time doing administrative tasks to keep up. Such as returning emails, answering You Tube comments, planning, prepping for classes and events. Sometimes I overlook that my soul is really fed by creating. So I am planning on intentionally sitting down each day and doing something creative. I am sure most of you think that I spend all day every day doing just that, but it actually isn’t the case at all.
- This may be my most important one. Stepping away from the phone. I am going to quit having my phone in my hand so much, looking at it so much, and try to be more present and engaged when I am in certain situations. I am not one of those that sits on my phone in a restaurant (but I might check it once or twice) No more of that. When I am with people, I want to be with people. Not with my head in a phone, or on a computer. I think we are losing something. Connections. I don’t want the end of my life to come and for anyone to feel like I ignored them. Mostly my own daughter. She’s the most important thing in my life. She should always feel that way.
- Go easy on me. I am really hard on myself. I tend to feel a lot of guilt over things that I shouldn’t feel guilty over. I tend to take on too many tasks, leaving me drained and really not a great person sometimes because I am so overwhelmed. I am over it. HAHA! I am ready to embrace just living a good life and not trying to constantly please or cater to others needs. By no means do I mean that I will not serve when needed. I believe so strongly in service to others. However, I tend to take on things that aren’t really my problem. So I am done with that.
Ok now that I have bared my soul I would love for you to share with me what your goals are for this year. You can leave a comment here on my blog or on You Tube.
If you have read to this point, thanks. Thanks for sticking with me and for being a follower. I appreciate you more than you know, rather you order from me or not. I love and appreciate everyone that takes the time to read my posts and watch my videos.
I wish you all the joy and happiness the world has to offer. Find happiness, choose joy, no matter what it takes. This life is but a vapor and you don’t want to miss a second of the joy it has to offer.
Make 2017 a year of change if you need the change in your life. Embrace a new year with all it has to offer. Believe that it can be the start of a new goal, a new life, a new something.
Hope you enjoy today’s video. Hugs to you and yours!