This treasure box is full of ADORBALENESS… Ok that is not a word. But it should be. The Hey Valentine stamp set from Stampin’ UP! is so cute. I have made lots of goodies using that set. When I saw this pirate I thought I need to make him a REAL treasure box. So that’s what I did using my new and awesome and spectacular Silhouette Cameo.
Of course I had to put GOLD NUGGETS in this treasure box. And Hershey Gold Nuggets are a real treasure no doubt. I ate so many of these one time it made me feel sick. Ok, so it was last week when I made this box. But no one needs to know that. 🙂
Tips & Tricks
- Prefold all of your folds before you ever begin assembling this box. It has A LOT of folds.
- Ink the edges of the box to give it an old and antiqued look. *oh wait that is the same thing old and antique, not really two different descriptive words*
- Use sticky strip or hot glue when assembling this box. Or really in box. It just holds better.
Here is the video on how I put the box together and how I colored the pirate. I loved doing this project, it was so fun. BUT NOT something I would mass produce. It was time consuming.
Don’t forget that Sale A Brations is going on right now. You can order $50 in product and get an item free. Place a $150 order and get 3 free items PLUS $25 in free product of your choice. PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE.
So this post is part of a creative blog hop. I have to answer these questions and give you a couple of blogs to go check out.
- What am I working on? This blog post LOL and of course all my fun tutorials and into for you all.
- How does your work differ from others in your genre? I really like a clean and simple look and then I also love watercoloring. I tend to use brights and bolds more than any other colors.
- Why do you create what you do? Because I LOVE making beautiful things to give to people and to share with people. I can’t help it and am a little embarrassed to admit this but I get super excited when someone says “Oh my gosh that is so cool. You are so creative.”
- How does your creative process work? Um, I have no idea. I just create. I get a lot of inspiration from others. Pinterest, Instagram.